COVID GUIDELINES TO PARISHES AND OTHER ESTABLISHMENTS UNDER DIOCESE OF MANDYA – 20th Dec 2023
Ref. M/BP/CIR/7.2023 December 20, 2023
COVID GUIDELINES TO PARISHES AND OTHER ESTABLISHMENTS UNDER DIOCESE OF MANDYA
Dear Rev. Fathers, Rev. Sisters and People of God,
I am writing this letter to bring your attention towards fresh advisory issued by Govt. of Karnataka via order No NVBDCP/EST-7 E(1)/2023-24 dated 18-Dec-2023 with below key points in the context of emergence of CVOID JN.1 Subvariant in neighboring states, ongoing winter and expected large number of closed space gatherings during Christmas and New Year.
a) All elderly (60 years and above), people who are co-morbid particularly with kidney, heart, liver ailments, pregnant and lactating mothers shall wear face masks while in outdoors and strictly avoid visiting closed, poorly ventilated spaces and crowded areas.
b) All those with respiratory symptoms like fever, cough, cold, running nose etc shall seek early medical consultation. They should wear face masks (covering nose and mouth) and avoid visiting closed, poorly ventilated spaces.
c) Good personal hygiene maintenance including frequent hand washing is strongly advised.
d) When you are unwell, stay at home and minimize contact with other people especially elderly and those who are vulnerable.
In the view of this Government Advisory, Diocese of Mandya would like to advise below precautions in all our Parishes and establishments.
1. All the faithful who are above the age of 60 and other vulnerable people are advised to wear mask while attending Mass and other church programs.
2. Faithful are requested to watchful about any symptoms you may have like light fever, throat pain, cold, cough and are advised to seek immediate medical consultation and avoid coming to church.
3. Communion to the faithful during Mass could be given in the hand rather than on the tongue.
4. All Faithful who are coming for Confession should wear face mask.
5. Make sure that hand sanitizers are available in Church premises.
Dear People of God, I humbly request all your support and co-operation to follow these guidelines. Any changes in these guidelines will be duly informed. Let’s all pray for each other; God bless all of us.
Mar Sebastian Adayanthrath
Bishop of Mandya